RHSA-2021:3733 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Low
Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization release 2.6.7 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift Virtualization is Red Hat's virtualization solution designed for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This advisory contains the following OpenShift Virtualization 2.6.7 images:
- golang: net/http: panic in ReadRequest and ReadResponse when reading a very large header (CVE-2021-31525)
- golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic (CVE-2021-34558)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1958341 - CVE-2021-31525 golang: net/http: panic in ReadRequest and ReadResponse when reading a very large header
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 1987262 - unprivileged client fails to get guest agent data
- BZ - 1990560 - [2.6.z] Disk is not usable due to incorrect size for proper alignment
- BZ - 1991906 - [2.6.z] [hpp] CNV Daemonsets have maxUnavailable set to 1 which leads to very slow upgrades on large clusters
- BZ - 1995132 - 2.6.7 containers
Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 7