RHSA-2021:3598 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Virtualization 4.8.2 Images security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization release 4.8.2 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift Virtualization is Red Hat's virtualization solution designed for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This advisory contains the following OpenShift Virtualization 4.8.2 images:
- golang: net: lookup functions may return invalid host names
- golang: net/http/httputil: ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if
first one is empty (CVE-2021-33197)
- golang: math/big.Rat: may cause a panic or an unrecoverable fatal error
if passed inputs with very large exponents (CVE-2021-33198)
- golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 4.8 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 4.8 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1953485 - [CNV-2.5] Manifests in openshift-cnv missing resource requirements - SSP
- BZ - 1957791 - [MTV][Warm] The migrated VM on target side should be powered off/on accordingly to the source VM's last power state during warm migration
- BZ - 1972819 - Failed, Pending and Scheduling VMs can not be stopped
- BZ - 1982143 - [RFE] volumeSnapshotStatuses reason does not check for volume type that do not support snapshots
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 1989564 - CVE-2021-33195 golang: net: lookup functions may return invalid host names
- BZ - 1989570 - CVE-2021-33197 golang: net/http/httputil: ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if first one is empty
- BZ - 1989575 - CVE-2021-33198 golang: math/big.Rat: may cause a panic or an unrecoverable fatal error if passed inputs with very large exponents
- BZ - 1990065 - [4.8.2][network] CNV Daemonsets have maxUnavailable set to 1 which leads to very slow upgrades on large clusters
- BZ - 1991460 - Cannot get 'write' permission without 'resize': Image size is not a multiple of request alignment'
- BZ - 1993122 - Rhel9 templates - provider-url should be updated to https://www.redhat.com/
- BZ - 1995050 - RHEL9 template - support level and description should be updated
- BZ - 1996110 - cdi importer fails for a CirrOS VM import to NFS (but not to Cepf-rbd/block)
- BZ - 1996660 - [4.8] Goroutine count and memory remains high after VMIs are removed
- BZ - 1997668 - [v2v] VM import from RHV should not be blocked for a non UTC Timezone.
- BZ - 1998818 - virt-handler Pod is missing xorrisofs command
- BZ - 1998983 - 4.8.2 containers
- BZ - 2000021 - [VMIO][RHV VM Import] 63 long char VM Name with more than 1 Disk results in DataVolumeCreationFailed
- BZ - 2001038 - Importer attempts to shrink an image in certain situations
- BZ - 2001069 - [4.8.z] Automatic size detection may not request a PVC that is large enough for an import
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.