RHSA-2021:3229 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenShift Jaeger 1.20.5 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Jaeger 1.20.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Jaeger is Red Hat's distribution of the Jaeger project,
tailored for installation into an on-premise OpenShift Container Platform
- golang: net: lookup functions may return invalid host names
- golang: archive/zip: Malformed archive may cause panic or memory
- golang: net/http/httputil: ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if
first one is empty (CVE-2021-33197)
- golang: math/big.Rat: may cause a panic or an unrecoverable fatal error
if passed inputs with very large exponents (CVE-2021-33198)
- golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenShift distributed tracing 1.20 x86_64
- BZ - 1965503 - CVE-2021-33196 golang: archive/zip: malformed archive may cause panic or memory exhaustion
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 1989564 - CVE-2021-33195 golang: net: lookup functions may return invalid host names
- BZ - 1989570 - CVE-2021-33197 golang: net/http/httputil: ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if first one is empty
- BZ - 1989575 - CVE-2021-33198 golang: math/big.Rat: may cause a panic or an unrecoverable fatal error if passed inputs with very large exponents
- TRACING-2083 - Rebuild product images to address CVE-2021-33910 - Jaeger components 1.20
- TRACING-2087 - Jaeger agent sidecar injection failed due to missing configmaps in the application namespace
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.