RHSA-2021:3146 - Security Advisory
Moderate: ACS 3.64 security and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated images are now available for Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes (RHACS).
- Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a "Moderate" security impact.
- A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE links in the references section.
The release of RHACS 3.64 provides the following new features:
1. You can now use deployment and namespace annotations to define where RHACS sends the violation notifications when configuring your notifiers such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, Email, and others.
2. The Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security Operator now supports the ability to allow users to set the enforcement behavior of the admission controller as part of their custom resource.
3. RHACS now supports kernel modules for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with extended security maintenance (ESM).
The release of RHACS 3.64 provides the following security fixes:
- golang: `net` lookup functions may return invalid hostnames (CVE-2021-33195)
- golang: `net/http/httputil` ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if the first one is empty (CVE-2021-33197)
- golang: `math/big.Rat` may cause panic or an unrecoverable fatal error if passed inputs with very large exponents (CVE-2021-33198)
- golang: `crypto/tls` certificate of the wrong type is causing TLS client to panic (CVE-2021-34558)
For more details about the security issues, including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE pages in the references section.
The release of RHACS 3.64 includes the following system changes:
1. RHACS now pre-fixes the optional security context constraint name with `stackrox` to avoid global naming conflicts.
2. Previously, violations for `port forwards` and `exec` events did not contain information about the user who performed the action that generated the events. The violations now include the user context.
3. The cluster init bundles contain the secrets required for internal RHACS services to communicate with each other. You can delete these to rotate secrets, which have previously sometimes caused outages. This update includes a new deletion workflow that warns about the possible impact of deletion on your environment.
4. The OpenShift compliance operator uses `rpm` only for querying, and it does not install any packages. Therefore, this update includes a policy exception for this pod by default to reduce the violations count.
To take advantage of these new features and changes, please upgrade Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes to version 3.64
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes 3 x86_64
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 1989564 - CVE-2021-33195 golang: net: lookup functions may return invalid host names
- BZ - 1989570 - CVE-2021-33197 golang: net/http/httputil: ReverseProxy forwards connection headers if first one is empty
- BZ - 1989575 - CVE-2021-33198 golang: math/big.Rat: may cause a panic or an unrecoverable fatal error if passed inputs with very large exponents
- RHACS-25 - Release RHACS 3.64
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.