RHSA-2021:2519 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host.
These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host. Red Hat
Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and
performing administrative tasks.
- glib: integer overflow in g_bytes_new function on 64-bit platforms due to an implicit cast from 64 bits to 32 bits (CVE-2021-27219)
- hw: vt-d related privilege escalation (CVE-2020-24489)
- dhcp: stack-based buffer overflow when parsing statements with colon-separated hex digits in config or lease files in dhcpd and dhclient (CVE-2021-25217)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1929858 - CVE-2021-27219 glib: integer overflow in g_bytes_new function on 64-bit platforms due to an implicit cast from 64 bits to 32 bits
- BZ - 1948377 - Rebase RHV-H 4.3 EUS on RHGS 3.5.z on RHEL 7 - Batch Update 4
- BZ - 1957238 - Rebase RHV-H 4.3 EUS on RHEL 7.9.z #6
- BZ - 1962650 - CVE-2020-24489 hw: vt-d related privilege escalation
- BZ - 1963258 - CVE-2021-25217 dhcp: stack-based buffer overflow when parsing statements with colon-separated hex digits in config or lease files in dhcpd and dhclient
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7