RHSA-2021:2300 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for microcode_ctl is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The microcode_ctl packages provide microcode updates for Intel.
- hw: vt-d related privilege escalation (CVE-2020-24489)
- hw: improper isolation of shared resources in some Intel Processors (CVE-2020-24511)
- hw: observable timing discrepancy in some Intel Processors (CVE-2020-24512)
- hw: information disclosure on some Intel Atom processors (CVE-2020-24513)
Bug Fix(es) and Enhancement(s):
- Update Intel CPU microcode to microcode-20210525 release
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - AUS 7.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1962650 - CVE-2020-24489 hw: vt-d related privilege escalation
- BZ - 1962666 - CVE-2020-24513 hw: information disclosure on some Intel Atom processors
- BZ - 1962702 - CVE-2020-24511 hw: improper isolation of shared resources in some Intel Processors
- BZ - 1962722 - CVE-2020-24512 hw: observable timing discrepancy in some Intel Processors
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - AUS 7.2