RHSA-2021:2121 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.7.13 bug fix and security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.7.13 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
This release includes a security update for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private cloud deployments.
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.7.13. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this release:
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory. See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
This update fixes the following bug among others:
- Previously, resources for the ClusterOperator were being created early in the update process, which led to update failures when the ClusterOperator had no status condition while Operators were updating. This bug fix changes the timing of when these resources are created. As a result, updates can take place without errors. (BZ#1959238)
- gogo/protobuf: plugin/unmarshal/unmarshal.go lacks certain index validation (CVE-2021-3121)
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata as follows:
(For x86_64 architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.7.13-x86_64
The image digest is sha256:783a2c963f35ccab38e82e6a8c7fa954c3a4551e07d2f43c06098828dd986ed4
(For s390x architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.7.13-s390x
The image digest is sha256:4cf44e68413acad063203e1ee8982fd01d8b9c1f8643a5b31cd7ff341b3199cd
(For ppc64le architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.7.13-ppc64le
The image digest is sha256:d47ce972f87f14f1f3c5d50428d2255d1256dae3f45c938ace88547478643e36
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.7 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.7 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.7 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.7 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.7 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1921650 - CVE-2021-3121 gogo/protobuf: plugin/unmarshal/unmarshal.go lacks certain index validation
- BZ - 1923268 - [Assisted-4.7] [Staging] Using two both spelling "canceled" "cancelled"
- BZ - 1947216 - [AWS] Missing iam:ListAttachedRolePolicies permission in permissions.go
- BZ - 1953963 - Enable/Disable host operations returns cluster resource with incomplete hosts list
- BZ - 1957749 - ovn-kubernetes pod should have CPU and memory requests set but not limits
- BZ - 1959238 - CVO creating cloud-controller-manager too early causing upgrade failures
- BZ - 1960103 - SR-IOV obliviously reboot the node
- BZ - 1961941 - Local Storage Operator using LocalVolume CR fails to create PV's when backend storage failure is simulated
- BZ - 1962302 - packageserver clusteroperator does not set reason or message for Available condition
- BZ - 1962312 - Deployment considered unhealthy despite being available and at latest generation
- BZ - 1962435 - Public DNS records were not deleted when destroying a cluster which is using byo private hosted zone
- BZ - 1963115 - Test verify /run filesystem contents failing
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.