RHSA-2021:0603 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source decision management platform that combines business rules management, complex event processing, Decision Model & Notation (DMN) execution, and Business Optimizer for solving planning problems. It automates business decisions and makes that logic available to the entire business.
This release of Red Hat Decision Manager 7.10.0 serves as an update to Red Hat Decision Manager 7.9.1, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- hibernate-core-kie-server-ee8: hibernate-core: SQL injection vulnerability when both hibernate.use_sql_comments and JPQL String literals are used (CVE-2020-25638)
- httpclient: apache-httpclient: incorrect handling of malformed authority component in request URIs (CVE-2020-13956)
- xercesimpl: wildfly: XML validation manipulation due to incomplete application of use-grammar-pool-only in xercesImpl (CVE-2020-14338)
- log4j-core: log4j: improper validation of certificate with host mismatch in SMTP appender (CVE-2020-9488)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For on-premise installations, before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1831139 - CVE-2020-9488 log4j: improper validation of certificate with host mismatch in SMTP appender
- BZ - 1860054 - CVE-2020-14338 wildfly: XML validation manipulation due to incomplete application of use-grammar-pool-only in xercesImpl
- BZ - 1881353 - CVE-2020-25638 hibernate-core: SQL injection vulnerability when both hibernate.use_sql_comments and JPQL String literals are used
- BZ - 1886587 - CVE-2020-13956 apache-httpclient: incorrect handling of malformed authority component in request URIs
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1