RHSA-2021:0039 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.6.12 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
- golang: math/big: panic during recursive division of very large numbers (CVE-2020-28362)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
page(s) listed in the References section.
This advisory contains the RPM packages for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.6.12. See the following advisory for the container images for
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate
release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console
or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.6 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.6 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1888393 - Alert ElasticsearchBulkRequestsRejectionJumps never gets pending/firing due to there is no `bulk` thread pool.
- BZ - 1890801 - Changes on spec.logStore.elasticsearch.nodeCount not reflected when decreasing the number of nodes
- BZ - 1892794 - Reduce log chatter in cluster logging operator
- BZ - 1897635 - CVE-2020-28362 golang: math/big: panic during recursive division of very large numbers
- BZ - 1901299 - Change ES Operator CSV to clarify the scope for this Operator
- BZ - 1907519 - [logforward]error_class=ArgumentError error="time must be a Fluent::EventTime (or Integer): Float"
- BZ - 1909614 - Old kibana index causing crashloop
- BZ - 1909616 - Facing error "Cannot authenticate user because admin user is not permitted to login via HTTP" in OCP 4.5.20
- BZ - 1913104 - Placeholder bug for OCP 4.6.0 extras release
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.6 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.6 for RHEL 8