RHSA-2020:5118 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.20 bug fix and golang security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.5.20 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
This release includes a security update for golang for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
- golang: Data race in certain net/http servers including ReverseProxy can lead to DoS (CVE-2020-15586)
- golang: ReadUvarint and ReadVarint can read an unlimited number of bytes from invalid inputs (CVE-2020-16845)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.5.20. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
This update fixes the following bug among others:
- Previously, the Prometheus swagger definition contained a `$ref` property which could not be resolved. This caused a runtime error to occur when using the Prometheus operand creation form. This was fixed by adding a `definitions` property to schema returned by the `definitionFor` helper function so that the `$ref` property can resolve. There are no longer runtime errors when using the Prometheus operand creation form. (BZ#1885228)
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata
(For x86_64 architecture)
$ oc adm release info
The image digest is sha256:78b878986d2d0af6037d637aa63e7b6f80fc8f17d0f0d5b077ac6aca83f792a0
(For s390x architecture)
$ oc adm release info
The image digest is sha256:372d9aea634d36704d8500a2f940edb3867bfde14c0e5aa19534ea5ac90083d4
(For ppc64le architecture)
$ oc adm release info
The image digest is sha256:030d8323cce90de6bc7ad4119ebb7f000bde06e742f6923faf76707ffe85634a
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate
release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console
or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.5 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.5 for RHEL 7 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.5 for RHEL 8 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.5 for RHEL 7 s390x
- BZ - 1856953 - CVE-2020-15586 golang: data race in certain net/http servers including ReverseProxy can lead to DoS
- BZ - 1867099 - CVE-2020-16845 golang: ReadUvarint and ReadVarint can read an unlimited number of bytes from invalid inputs
- BZ - 1883268 - remove erroneously specified label drop rules
- BZ - 1885228 - Create Instance of Prometheus from operator returns blank page for non cluster-admin users
- BZ - 1892585 - [release 4.5] cluster-monitoring-operator: Fix bug in reflector not recovering from "Too large resource version"
- BZ - 1893202 - e2e-operator flakes with "TestMetricsAccessible: prometheus returned unexpected results: timed out waiting for the condition"
- BZ - 1893742 - move e2e test off of nfs image from docker.io/gmontero/nfs-server:latest
- BZ - 1894763 - Undiagnosed panic detected in pod
- BZ - 1894782 - OperatorHub generates incorrect RBAC
- BZ - 1895057 - Deleted netnamespace could not be re-created
- BZ - 1896990 - Console shows wrong value for maxUnavailable and maxSurge when set to 0
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.