RHSA-2020:4223 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for jenkins is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.11.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Jenkins is a continuous integration server that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron.
- jetty: Double release of resource can lead to information disclosure (CVE-2019-17638)
- jenkins: User-specified tooltip values leads to stored cross-site scripting (CVE-2020-2229)
- jenkins: Stored XSS vulnerability in project naming strategy (CVE-2020-2230)
- jenkins: Stored XSS vulnerability in 'trigger builds remotely' (CVE-2020-2231)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
See the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for release
3.11.306, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully
apply this asynchronous errata update:
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the
Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.11 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 3.11 ppc64le
- BZ - 1864680 - CVE-2019-17638 jetty: double release of resource can lead to information disclosure
- BZ - 1874830 - CVE-2020-2229 jenkins: user-specified tooltip values leads to stored cross-site scripting
- BZ - 1875232 - CVE-2020-2230 jenkins: stored XSS vulnerability in project naming strategy
- BZ - 1875234 - CVE-2020-2231 jenkins: stored XSS vulnerability in 'trigger builds remotely'
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.11
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 3.11