RHSA-2020:4172 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Virtualization security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for cockpit-ovirt, imgbased, redhat-release-virtualization-host, and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The ovirt-node-ng packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: cockpit-ovirt (0.14.11), imgbased (1.2.12), redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.4.2), redhat-virtualization-host (4.4.2). (BZ#1875362, BZ#1878045)
- grub2: Crafted grub.cfg file can lead to arbitrary code execution during boot process (CVE-2020-10713)
- QEMU: usb: out-of-bounds r/w access issue while processing usb packets (CVE-2020-14364)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1805589 - grub2-mkconfig produces incorrect config if host installed over iSCSI
- BZ - 1825243 - CVE-2020-10713 grub2: Crafted grub.cfg file can lead to arbitrary code execution during boot process
- BZ - 1847547 - SSH connection disabled during ISO installation
- BZ - 1852721 - Installation of node will not quit when mountpoint has existing domain (VMs)
- BZ - 1859876 - imgbase check failed after register to engine
- BZ - 1868312 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4.2 on Ansible 2.9.12
- BZ - 1869201 - CVE-2020-14364 QEMU: usb: out-of-bounds r/w access issue while processing usb packets
- BZ - 1873049 - Require tested ansible-2.9.13 for ovirt-hosted-engine-setup in RHV Manager 4.4.2
- BZ - 1875362 - Upgrade cockpit-ovirt to 0.14.11
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8