RHSA-2020:3806 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat support for Spring Boot 2.2.6.SP2 security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat support for Spring Boot provides an application platform that reduces the complexity of developing and operating applications (monoliths and microservices) for OpenShift as a containerized platform.
This release of Red Hat support for Spring Boot 2.2.6.SP2 serves as a replacement for Red Hat support for Spring Boot 2.2.6.SP1, and includes security and bug fixes and enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- resteasy: RESTEASY003870 exception in RESTEasy can lead to a reflected XSS attack (CVE-2020-10688)
- hibernate-validator: Improper input validation in the interpolation of constraint error messages (CVE-2020-10693)
- tomcat: multiple requests with invalid payload length in a WebSocket frame could lead to DoS (CVE-2020-13935)
- tomcat: OutOfMemoryException caused by HTTP/2 connection leak could lead to DoS (CVE-2020-13934)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1805501 - CVE-2020-10693 hibernate-validator: Improper input validation in the interpolation of constraint error messages
- BZ - 1814974 - CVE-2020-10688 RESTEasy: RESTEASY003870 exception in RESTEasy can lead to a reflected XSS attack
- BZ - 1857024 - CVE-2020-13935 tomcat: multiple requests with invalid payload length in a WebSocket frame could lead to DoS
- BZ - 1857040 - CVE-2020-13934 tomcat: OutOfMemoryException caused by HTTP/2 connection leak could lead to DoS
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories