RHSA-2020:3783 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.4.23 cluster-network-operator-container security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for cluster-network-operator-container is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift Container Platform components are primarily written in Go
The golang.org/x/text contains text-related packages which are used for
text operations, such as character encodings, text transformations, and
locale-specific text handling.
- golang.org/x/text: possibility to trigger an infinite loop in encoding/unicode could lead to crash (CVE-2020-14040)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.4 for RHEL 7 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.4 for RHEL 7 s390x
- BZ - 1853652 - CVE-2020-14040 golang.org/x/text: possibility to trigger an infinite loop in encoding/unicode could lead to crash
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.4 for RHEL 7
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.