RHSA-2020:3372 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 3scale-istio-adapter-rhel8-container security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for 3scale-istio-adapter-rhel8-container is now available for OpenShift Service Mesh.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh is Red Hat's distribution of the Istio service mesh project, tailored for installation into an on-premise OpenShift Container Platform installation.
- golang.org/x/crypto: Processing of crafted ssh-ed25519 public keys allows for panic (CVE-2020-9283)
- golang.org/x/text: possibility to trigger an infinite loop in encoding/unicode could lead to crash (CVE-2020-14040)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 1.0 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1804533 - CVE-2020-9283 golang.org/x/crypto: Processing of crafted ssh-ed25519 public keys allows for panic
- BZ - 1853652 - CVE-2020-14040 golang.org/x/text: possibility to trigger an infinite loop in encoding/unicode could lead to crash
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 1.0 for RHEL 8