RHSA-2020:3133 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.4.4 is now available from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
AMQ Broker is a high-performance messaging implementation based on ActiveMQ Artemis. It uses an asynchronous journal for fast message persistence, and supports multiple languages, protocols, and platforms.
This release of Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.4.4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.4.3, and includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- apache-commons-configuration: uncontrolled class instantiation when loading YAML files (CVE-2020-1953)
- broker: resetUsers operation stores password in plain text (EMBARGOED CVE-2020-10727)
- netty: compression/decompression codecs don't enforce limits on buffer allocation sizes (CVE-2020-11612)
- springframework: DoS Attack via Range Requests (CVE-2018-15756)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1643043 - CVE-2018-15756 springframework: DoS Attack via Range Requests
- BZ - 1815212 - CVE-2020-1953 apache-commons-configuration: uncontrolled class instantiation when loading YAML files
- BZ - 1816216 - CVE-2020-11612 netty: compression/decompression codecs don't enforce limits on buffer allocation sizes
- BZ - 1827200 - CVE-2020-10727 broker: resetUsers operation stores password in plain text
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1