RHSA-2020:3096 - Security Advisory
Important: openstack-keystone security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for openstack-keystone is now available for Red Hat OpenStack
Platform 10 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenStack Identity service (keystone) authenticates and authorizes
OpenStack users by keeping track of users and their permitted activities.
The Identity service supports multiple forms of authentication, including
user name and password credentials, token-based systems, and AWS-style
- EC2 and credential endpoints are not protected from a scoped context
- Credentials endpoint policy logic allows changing credential owner and
target project ID (CVE-2020-12691)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
page listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes
described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1830384 - CVE-2020-12691 openstack-keystone: Credentials endpoint policy logic allows changing credential owner and target project ID
- BZ - 1830396 - CVE-2020-12689 openstack-keystone: EC2 and credential endpoints are not protected from a scoped context
Red Hat OpenStack 10