RHSA-2020:2561 - Security Advisory
Critical: EAP Continuous Delivery Technical Preview Release 12 security update
Security Advisory: Critical
This is a security update for JBoss EAP Continuous Delivery 12.0.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform CD12 is a platform for Java applications based on the WildFly application runtime.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform CD12 includes bug fixes and enhancements.
- artemis: artemis/hornetq: memory exhaustion via UDP and JGroups discovery (CVE-2017-12174)
- lucene: Solr: Code execution via entity expansion (CVE-2017-12629)
- infinispan-core: infinispan: Unsafe deserialization of malicious object injected into data cache (CVE-2017-15089)
- slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-8088)
- elytron: client can use bogus uri in digest authentication (CVE-2017-12196)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform installation and deployed applications.
You must restart the JBoss server process for the update to take effect.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update)
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1498378 - CVE-2017-12174 artemis/hornetq: memory exhaustion via UDP and JGroups discovery
- BZ - 1501529 - CVE-2017-12629 Solr: Code execution via entity expansion
- BZ - 1503055 - CVE-2017-12196 undertow: Client can use bogus uri in Digest authentication
- BZ - 1503610 - CVE-2017-15089 infinispan: Unsafe deserialization of malicious object injected into data cache
- BZ - 1548909 - CVE-2018-8088 slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform Text-Only Advisories