RHSA-2020:1526 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for openshift-enterprise-hyperkube-container is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
- kubernetes: Use of unbounded 'client' label in apiserver_request_total allowed for memory exhaustion (CVE-2020-8552)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for release 4.2.29, for important instructions on
how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.2 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1797909 - CVE-2020-8552 kubernetes: Use of unbounded 'client' label in apiserver_request_total allows for memory exhaustion