RHSA-2020:0734 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 1.0.9.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh is Red Hat's distribution of the Istio service mesh project, tailored for installation into an on-premise OpenShift Container Platform installation.
- envoy: Excessive CPU and/or memory usage when proxying HTTP/1.1 (CVE-2020-8659)
- envoy: TLS inspector bypassc (CVE-2020-8660)
- envoy: Response flooding for HTTP/1.1 (CVE-2020-8661)
- envoy: Incorrect Access Control when using SDS with Combined Validation Context (CVE-2020-8664)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
The OpenShift Service Mesh release notes provide information on the features and known issues:
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 1.0 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1802539 - CVE-2020-8659 envoy: Excessive CPU and/or memory usage when proxying HTTP/1.1
- BZ - 1802540 - CVE-2020-8661 envoy: Response flooding for HTTP/1.1
- BZ - 1802542 - CVE-2020-8664 envoy: Incorrect Access Control when using SDS with Combined Validation Context
- BZ - 1802545 - CVE-2020-8660 envoy: TLS inspector bypassc
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 1.0 for RHEL 8