RHSA-2020:0730 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Engine 4.2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
- hw: TSX Transaction Asynchronous Abort (TAA) (CVE-2019-11135)
- QEMU: block: iscsi: OOB heap access via an unexpected response of iSCSI Server (CVE-2020-1711)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- [Intel 7.6.z Bug] [KVM][CLX] CPUID_7_0_EDX_ARCH_CAPABILITIES is not enabled in VM qemu-kvm-rhev (BZ#1730601)
- qemu-kvm-rhev: backport cpuidle-haltpoll support (BZ#1746281)
- [Intel 7.7 FEAT] MDS_NO exposure to guest - qemu-kvm-rhev (BZ#1743632)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
After installing this update, shut down all running virtual machines. Once all virtual machines have shut down, start them again for this update to take effect.
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2