RHSA-2020:0567 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat build of Eclipse Vert.x.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability. For more information, see the CVE links in the References section.
This release of Red Hat build of Eclipse Vert.x 3.8.5 includes security updates, bug fixes, and enhancements. For more information, see the release notes page listed in the References section.
- netty: HTTP request smuggling (CVE-2019-20444)
- netty: HttpObjectDecoder.java allows Content-Length header to accompanied by second Content-Length header (CVE-2019-20445)
- netty: HTTP Request Smuggling due to Transfer-Encoding whitespace mishandling (CVE-2020-7238)
For more details about the security issues and their impact, the CVSS score, acknowledgements, and other related information, see the CVE pages listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link for the update. You must be logged in to download the update.
- Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1796225 - CVE-2020-7238 netty: HTTP Request Smuggling due to Transfer-Encoding whitespace mishandling
- BZ - 1798509 - CVE-2019-20445 netty: HttpObjectDecoder.java allows Content-Length header to accompanied by second Content-Length header
- BZ - 1798524 - CVE-2019-20444 netty: HTTP request smuggling
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories