RHSA-2020:0565 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 Update Services for SAP Solutions.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 68.5.0.
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 73 and Firefox ESR 68.5 (CVE-2020-6800)
- Mozilla: Out-of-bounds read when processing certain email messages (CVE-2020-6793)
- Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Thunderbird 52 does not delete unencrypted previously stored passwords (CVE-2020-6794)
- Mozilla: Crash processing S/MIME messages with multiple signatures (CVE-2020-6795)
- Mozilla: Message ID calculation was based on uninitialized data (CVE-2020-6792)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
All running instances of Thunderbird must be restarted for the update to take effect.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for Power LE - Update Services for SAP Solutions 8.0 ppc64le
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Update Services for SAP Solutions 8.0 x86_64
- BZ - 1801920 - CVE-2020-6800 Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 73 and Firefox ESR 68.5
- BZ - 1801955 - CVE-2020-6793 Mozilla: Out-of-bounds read when processing certain email messages
- BZ - 1801956 - CVE-2020-6794 Mozilla: Setting a master password post-Thunderbird 52 does not delete unencrypted previously stored passwords
- BZ - 1801957 - CVE-2020-6795 Mozilla: Crash processing S/MIME messages with multiple signatures
- BZ - 1801958 - CVE-2020-6792 Mozilla: Message ID calculation was based on uninitialized data
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server for Power LE - Update Services for SAP Solutions 8.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 - Update Services for SAP Solutions 8.0