RHSA-2019:4344 - Security Advisory
Important: qemu-kvm-rhev security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
- QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow during packet reassembly (CVE-2019-14378)
- QEMU: qxl: null pointer dereference while releasing spice resources (CVE-2019-12155)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
After installing this update, shut down all running virtual machines. Once all virtual machines have shut down, start them again for this update to take effect.
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1712670 - CVE-2019-12155 QEMU: qxl: null pointer dereference while releasing spice resources
- BZ - 1734745 - CVE-2019-14378 QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow during packet reassembly
Red Hat OpenStack 10