RHSA-2019:3931 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.2.0 zip release for RHEL 6, RHEL 7, RHEL 8 and Microsoft Windows is available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), the PicketLink Vault extension for Apache Tomcat, and the Tomcat Native library.
Refer to the Release Notes for information on the most significant bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades included in this release.
- openssl: Side-channel vulnerability on SMT/Hyper-Threading architectures (PortSmash) (CVE-2018-5407)
- tomcat: XSS in SSI printenv (CVE-2019-0221)
- openssl: 0-byte record padding oracle (CVE-2019-1559)
- tomcat: HTTP/2 implementation leads to denial of service (CVE-2019-10072)
- tomcat: Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 DoS (CVE-2019-0199)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1645695 - CVE-2018-5407 openssl: Side-channel vulnerability on SMT/Hyper-Threading architectures (PortSmash)
- BZ - 1683804 - CVE-2019-1559 openssl: 0-byte record padding oracle
- BZ - 1693325 - CVE-2019-0199 tomcat: Apache Tomcat HTTP/2 DoS
- BZ - 1713275 - CVE-2019-0221 tomcat: XSS in SSI printenv
- BZ - 1723708 - CVE-2019-10072 tomcat: HTTP/2 connection window exhaustion on write, incomplete fix of CVE-2019-0199
JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories