RHSA-2019:3292 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Decision Manager 7.5.0 Security Update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source decision management platform that combines business rules management, complex event processing, Decision Model & Notation (DMN) execution, and Business Optimizer for solving planning problems. It automates business decisions and makes that logic available to the entire business.
This release of Red Hat Decision Manager 7.5.0 serves as an update to Red Hat Decision Manager 7.4.1, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- jackson-databind: default typing mishandling leading to remote code execution (CVE-2019-14379)
- jackson-databind: failure to block the logback-core class from polymorphic deserialization leading to remote code execution (CVE-2019-12384)
- jackson-databind: polymorphic typing issue allows attacker to read arbitrary local files on the server via crafted JSON message (CVE-2019-12814)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For on-premise installations, before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1725795 - CVE-2019-12814 jackson-databind: polymorphic typing issue allows attacker to read arbitrary local files on the server via crafted JSON message.
- BZ - 1725807 - CVE-2019-12384 jackson-databind: failure to block the logback-core class from polymorphic deserialization leading to remote code execution
- BZ - 1737517 - CVE-2019-14379 jackson-databind: default typing mishandling leading to remote code execution
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1