RHSA-2019:3201 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update is now available for Ansible Engine 2.6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Ansible is a simple model-driven configuration management, multi-node deployment, and remote-task execution system. Ansible works over SSH and
does not require any software or daemons to be installed on remote nodes.
Extension modules can be written in any language and are transferred to managed machines automatically.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version: ansible (2.6.20)
- ansible: Incomplete fix for CVE-2019-10206 (CVE-2019-14856)
- ansible: sub parameters marked as no_log are not masked in certain failure scenarios (CVE-2019-14858)
- ansible: secrets disclosed on logs when no_log enabled (CVE-2019-14846)
See: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/v2.6.20/changelogs/CHANGELOG-v2.6.rst for details on bug fixes in this release.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.6 x86_64
- Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.6 ppc64le
Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.6