RHSA-2019:2737 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Satellite 5.8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP40.
- IBM JDK: Out-of-bounds access in the String.getBytes method (CVE-2019-11772)
- IBM JDK: Failure to privatize a value pulled out of the loop by versioning (CVE-2019-11775)
- OpenJDK: Insufficient checks of suppressed exceptions in deserialization (Utilities, 8212328) (CVE-2019-2762)
- OpenJDK: Unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Collections (Utilities, 8213432) (CVE-2019-2769)
- OpenJDK: Missing URL format validation (Networking, 8221518) (CVE-2019-2816)
- OpenJDK: Insufficient restriction of privileges in AccessController (Security, 8216381) (CVE-2019-2786)
- libpng: use-after-free in png_image_free in png.c (CVE-2019-7317)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Satellite 5.8 x86_64
- Red Hat Satellite 5.8 s390x
- BZ - 1672409 - CVE-2019-7317 libpng: use-after-free in png_image_free in png.c
- BZ - 1730056 - CVE-2019-2769 OpenJDK: Unbounded memory allocation during deserialization in Collections (Utilities, 8213432)
- BZ - 1730099 - CVE-2019-2816 OpenJDK: Missing URL format validation (Networking, 8221518)
- BZ - 1730255 - CVE-2019-2786 OpenJDK: Insufficient restriction of privileges in AccessController (Security, 8216381)
- BZ - 1730415 - CVE-2019-2762 OpenJDK: Insufficient checks of suppressed exceptions in deserialization (Utilities, 8212328)
- BZ - 1738547 - CVE-2019-11772 IBM JDK: Out-of-bounds access in the String.getBytes method
- BZ - 1738549 - CVE-2019-11775 IBM JDK: Failure to privatize a value pulled out of the loop by versioning
Red Hat Satellite 5.8