RHSA-2019:2594 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat
OpenShift Container Platform 4.1.14. All container images have been rebuilt with updated versions of golang. See the following advisory for the
RPM packages for this release:
- HTTP/2: flood using PING frames results in unbounded memory growth (CVE-2019-9512)
- HTTP/2: flood using HEADERS frames results in unbounded memory growth (CVE-2019-9514)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
This release also includes the following bugs:
- Previously, users would see an error in the web console when navigating to the ClusterResourceQuota instances from the CRD list. The problem has been fixed, and you can now successfully list ClusterResourceQuota instances from the CRD page. (BZ#1743259)
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.1.14
The image digest is sha256:fd41c9bda9e0ff306954f1fd7af6428edff8c3989b75f9fe984968db66846231
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 users are advised to upgrade to these
updated packages and images.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for release 4.1.14, for important instructions on
how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1717794 - OLM operator does not properly define related resources
- BZ - 1729510 - MCD does not wait for nodes to drain
- BZ - 1735363 - must-gather should redact kubectl.kubernetes.io/last-applied-configuration in secrets
- BZ - 1735645 - CVE-2019-9512 HTTP/2: flood using PING frames results in unbounded memory growth
- BZ - 1735744 - CVE-2019-9514 HTTP/2: flood using HEADERS frames results in unbounded memory growth
- BZ - 1737156 - Report metrics on installed operators
- BZ - 1737164 - OLM metrics should be scraped by telemeter
- BZ - 1737386 - [4.1 backport] cannot access to the service's externalIP with egressIP in openshift-ovs-multitenant environment
- BZ - 1740044 - ClusterOperator operator-lifecycle-manager/operator-lifecycle-manager-catalog missing ClusterStatusConditionType: Upgradeable
- BZ - 1741067 - [4.1.z]node-tuning clusteroperator degraded reporting missing reason/detail information
- BZ - 1741499 - [4.1] EgressIP doesn't work with NetworkPolicy unless traffic from default project is allowed
- BZ - 1741694 - [4.1.z] (Backport) Systems with multiple nics fail to boot/complete an install.
- BZ - 1743119 - cri-o package version in OpenShift repo should be consistent with RHCOS cluster used
- BZ - 1743259 - cluster resource quota resource not visualized correctly
- BZ - 1743418 - 59 degraded auth operators in telemeter
- BZ - 1743587 - Pods stuck in container creating - Failed to run CNI IPAM ADD: failed to allocate for range 0
- BZ - 1743748 - [4.1.z] ClusterOperator operator-lifecycle-manager missing ClusterStatusConditionType Upgradeable
- BZ - 1743771 - machineconfig showing wrong ownerReferences kind for kubeletconfig
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1 for RHEL 7