RHSA-2019:1792 - Security Advisory
Important: keepalived security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for keepalived is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The keepalived utility provides simple and robust facilities for load balancing and high availability. The load balancing framework relies on the well-known and widely used IP Virtual Server (IPVS) kernel module providing layer-4 (transport layer) load balancing. Keepalived implements a set of checkers to dynamically and adaptively maintain and manage a load balanced server pool according to the health of the servers. Keepalived also implements the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRPv2) to achieve high availability with director failover.
- keepalived: Heap-based buffer overflow when parsing HTTP status codes allows for denial of service or possibly arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-19115)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support 7.5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems - Extended Update Support 7.5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian - Extended Update Support 7.5 ppc64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian - Extended Update Support 7.5 ppc64le
- BZ - 1651871 - CVE-2018-19115 keepalived: Heap-based buffer overflow when parsing HTTP status codes allows for denial of service or possibly arbitrary code execution
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support 7.5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems - Extended Update Support 7.5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian - Extended Update Support 7.5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian - Extended Update Support 7.5