RHSA-2019:1296 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 SP2 security update
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Pack Apache Server 2.4.29 Service Pack 2 zip release for RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 is available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Core Services is a set of supplementary software for Red Hat JBoss middleware products. This software, such as Apache HTTP Server, is common to multiple JBoss middleware products, and is packaged under Red Hat JBoss Core Services to allow for faster distribution of updates, and for a more consistent update experience.
This release adds the new Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 Service Pack 2 packages that are part of the JBoss Core Services offering. It serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 SP1, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. Refer to the Release Notes for information on the most significant bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades included in this release.
- openssl: Malicious server can send large prime to client during DH(E) TLS handshake causing the client to hang (CVE-2018-0732)
- openssl: ROHNP - Key Extraction Side Channel in Multiple Crypto Libraries (CVE-2018-0495)
- httpd: privilege escalation from modules scripts (CVE-2019-0211)
Details around this issue, including information about the CVE, severity of the issue, and CVSS scores can be found on the CVE pages listed in the References section below.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update). Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Core Services installation (including all applications and configuration files).
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1591100 - CVE-2018-0732 openssl: Malicious server can send large prime to client during DH(E) TLS handshake causing the client to hang
- BZ - 1591163 - CVE-2018-0495 openssl: ROHNP - Key Extraction Side Channel in Multiple Crypto Libraries
- BZ - 1694980 - CVE-2019-0211 httpd: privilege escalation from modules scripts
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories