RHSA-2019:1116 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OVMF (Open Virtual Machine Firmware) is an EDK II (edk2) based project to enable UEFI support for Virtual Machines. The ovmf package contains a sample 64-bit UEFI firmware for QEMU and KVM, including the edk2 package.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
- edk2: Buffer Overflow in BlockIo service for RAM disk (CVE-2018-12180)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Previously, after upgrading Red Hat Virtualization Host from rhvh-4.1-0.20180425.0 to rhvh-22.214.171.124-0.20180627, the owner and group of sshd.conf were incorrectly changed from root:root to sssd:sssd. As a result, RHEL IdM accounts using sssd could not ssh into the host. The current release fixes this issue. (BZ#1608513)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1608513 - sssd.conf was incorrectly marked for file ownership as sssd:sssd
- BZ - 1683372 - CVE-2018-12180 edk2: Buffer Overflow in BlockIo service for RAM disk
- BZ - 1696303 - Rebase RHV-H on RHEL-7.6 batch #4
- BZ - 1700782 - RHVH does not include the latest openvswitch package
- BZ - 1700868 - [Tracker] RHV-H for 4.3.3-1
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7