RHSA-2019:0910 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Fuse 7.3 security update
Security Advisory: Important
A minor version update (from 7.2 to 7.3) is now available for Red Hat Fuse. The purpose of this text-only errata is to inform you about the security issues fixed in this release.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
This release of Red Hat Fuse 7.3 serves as a replacement for Red Hat Fuse 7.2, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- jackson-databind: A deserialization flaw was discovered in the jackson-databind which could allow an unauthenticated user to perform code execution by sending the maliciously crafted input to the readValue method of the ObjectMapper. (CVE-2017-7525)
- struts2: ClassLoader manipulation via request parameters (CVE-2014-0112)
- jetty: HTTP request smuggling (CVE-2017-7657)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
Installation instructions are available from the Fuse 7.3.0 product documentation page:
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1091939 - CVE-2014-0112 struts2: ClassLoader manipulation via request parameters
- BZ - 1462702 - CVE-2017-7525 jackson-databind: Deserialization vulnerability via readValue method of ObjectMapper
- BZ - 1595620 - CVE-2017-7657 jetty: HTTP request smuggling
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1