RHSA-2019:0741 - Security Advisory
Important: Istio-Proxy Security Update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for Istio-Proxy is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh Tech Preview 0.9.0.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of
important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh is Red Hat's distribution of the Istio service
mesh project, tailored for installation into an on-premise OpenShift Container
- istio-proxy: CVE-2019-9901 istio/envoy: Path traversal via URL Patch manipulation in HTTP/1.x header. (CVE-2019-9900)
- istio-proxy: CVE-2019-9900 istio/envoy: Authorization bypass via null characters injection in HTTP/1.x (CVE-2019-9901)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score,acknowledgements, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 0 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1698020 - CVE-2019-9900 istio/envoy: Authorization bypass via null characters injection in HTTP/1.x
- BZ - 1698025 - CVE-2019-9901 istio/envoy: Path traversal via URL Patch manipulation in HTTP/1.x header
Red Hat OpenShift Service Mesh 0 for RHEL 7