RHSA-2019:0457 - Security Advisory
Important: redhat-virtualization-host security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.2), redhat-virtualization-host (4.2). (BZ#1678629, BZ#1679414)
- spice: Off-by-one error in array access in spice/server/memslot.c (CVE-2019-3813)
- systemd: Insufficient input validation in bus_process_object() resulting in PID 1 crash (CVE-2019-6454)
- vdsm: privilege escalation to root via systemd_run (CVE-2019-3831)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1665371 - CVE-2019-3813 spice: Off-by-one error in array access in spice/server/memslot.c
- BZ - 1667032 - CVE-2019-6454 systemd: Insufficient input validation in bus_process_object() resulting in PID 1 crash
- BZ - 1677108 - CVE-2019-3831 vdsm: privilege escalation to root via systemd_run
- BZ - 1677667 - Tracker for RHV-H 4.2.8 Async #3
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7