RHSA-2019:0361 - Security Advisory
Moderate: rhvm-appliance security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for rhvm-appliance is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The RHV-M Virtual Appliance automates the process of installing and configuring the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. The appliance is available to download as an OVA file from the Customer Portal.
- systemd: stack overflow when calling syslog from a command with long cmdline (CVE-2018-16864)
- systemd: stack overflow when receiving many journald entries (CVE-2018-16865)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 x86_64
- BZ - 1653855 - CVE-2018-16864 systemd: stack overflow when calling syslog from a command with long cmdline
- BZ - 1653861 - CVE-2018-16865 systemd: stack overflow when receiving many journald entries
- BZ - 1670464 - RHV-M Appliance tracker for 4.2.8-1
Red Hat Virtualization 4.3
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4