RHSA-2019:0052 - Security Advisory
Moderate: redis security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for redis is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Redis is an advanced key-value store. It is often referred to as a data-structure server since keys can contain strings, hashes, lists, sets, and sorted sets. For performance, Redis works with an in-memory data set. You can persist it either by dumping the data set to disk every once in a while, or by appending each command to a log.
- redis: Heap corruption in lua_cmsgpack.c (CVE-2018-11218)
- redis: Integer overflow in lua_struct.c:b_unpack() (CVE-2018-11219)
- redis: code execution via a crafted command line (CVE-2018-12326)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1590062 - CVE-2018-11219 redis: Integer overflow in lua_struct.c:b_unpack()
- BZ - 1590067 - CVE-2018-11218 redis: Heap corruption in lua_cmsgpack.c
- BZ - 1594291 - CVE-2018-12326 redis: code execution via a crafted command line
Red Hat OpenStack 10