RHSA-2018:3592 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
New Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2.5 packages are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2 is a standalone server, based on the Keycloak project, that provides authentication and standards-based single sign-on capabilities for web and mobile applications.
This release of Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2.5 serves as a replacement for Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2.4, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- keycloak: auth permitted with expired certs in SAML client (CVE-2018-10894)
- keycloak: XSS-Vulnerability with response_mode=form_post (CVE-2018-14655)
- keycloak: Open Redirect in Login and Logout (CVE-2018-14658)
- keycloak: brute force protection not working for the entire login workflow (CVE-2018-14657)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
The CVE-2018-10894 issue was discovered by Benjamin Berg (Red Hat).
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 1599434 - CVE-2018-10894 keycloak: auth permitted with expired certs in SAML client
- BZ - 1625396 - CVE-2018-14655 keycloak: XSS-Vulnerability with response_mode=form_post
- BZ - 1625404 - CVE-2018-14657 keycloak: brute force protection not working for the entire login workflow
- BZ - 1625409 - CVE-2018-14658 keycloak: Open Redirect in Login and Logout
Red Hat Single Sign-On 7.2 for RHEL 6