RHSA-2018:3090 - Security Advisory
Moderate: ovmf security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for ovmf is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OVMF (Open Virtual Machine Firmware) is a project to enable UEFI support for Virtual Machines. This package contains a sample 64-bit UEFI firmware for QEMU and KVM.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: ovmf (20180508). (BZ#1559542)
- openssl: Handling of crafted recursive ASN.1 structures can cause a stack overflow and resulting denial of service (CVE-2018-0739)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 7 aarch64
- BZ - 1561128 - OVMF Secure boot enablement (enrollment of default keys)
- BZ - 1561266 - CVE-2018-0739 openssl: Handling of crafted recursive ASN.1 structures can cause a stack overflow and resulting denial of service
- BZ - 1577546 - no input consoles connected under certain circumstances
- BZ - 1579518 - EFI_RNG_PROTOCOL no longer produced for virtio-rng
- BZ - 1607792 - add 'Provides: bundled(openssl) = 1.1.0h' to the spec file
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 7