RHSA-2018:2857 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8 director security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for instack-undercloud and openstack-tripleo-heat-templates is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty) director.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
memcached is a high-performance, distributed memory object caching system, generic in nature, but intended for use in speeding up dynamic web applications by alleviating database load.
instack-undercloud provides a collection of scripts and elements that can be used to install an OpenStack undercloud (using python-instack).
openstack-tripleo-heat-templates is a collection of OpenStack Orchestration templates and tools (codename heat), which can be used to help deploy OpenStack.
- memcached: UDP server support allows spoofed traffic amplification DoS (CVE-2018-1000115)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- This update fixes a race condition that could cause pacemaker-managed glance-fs deployments to fail.
Now the glance-fs resource is created from a single node of the overcloud in a way that eliminates the race condition and the resultant deployment failures. (BZ#1418617)
- Prior to this update, the source IP address for cold migration and resize was determined by the default gateway configured on the source compute node.
Now the my_ip option is explicitly set to the internal_api network IP in nova.conf, ensuring the correct network is used for this traffic. (BZ#1552855)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1418617 - OSP8 - Pacemaker-related race condition observed during controller deployment
- BZ - 1517269 - openstack-nova-migration is potentially missing after a minor update
- BZ - 1551182 - CVE-2018-1000115 memcached: UDP server support allows spoofed traffic amplification DoS
- BZ - 1552855 - [Deployment][OSP8] Cold-migration should use the internal_api network
- BZ - 1568469 - [Deployment][OSP8] nova-api not properly configure secure_proxy_ssl_header option in nova.conf when using HAProxy and SSL
- BZ - 1590376 - [osp8] Creation of "/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts" silently fails in scale deplyoments
- BZ - 1598927 - ceilometer-expirer cron job does not run correctly [osp8]
- BZ - 1630968 - openstack-puppet-modules-7.1.5-9.el7ost introduces duplicate puppet declaration in instack-undercloud
Red Hat OpenStack 8