RHSA-2018:2715 - Security Advisory
Moderate: openstack-neutron security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for openstack-neutron is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton).
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenStack Networking (neutron) is a pluggable, scalable, and API-driven system that provisions networking services to virtual machines. Its main function is to manage connectivity to and from virtual machines.
- openstack-neutron: A router interface out of subnet IP range results in a denial of service (CVE-2018-14635)
For more details about the security issue, including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page listed in the References section.
- A new configuration option bridge_mac_table_size has been added for the neutron OVS agent. This value is set on every Open vSwitch bridge managed by the openvswitch-neutron-agent. The value controls the maximum number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a bridge. The default value for this new option is 50,000, which should be enough for most systems. Values outside a reasonable range (10 to 1,000,000) might be overridden by Open vSwitch. (BZ#1589031)
- Previously, when a VM was destroyed, the IPv6 lease was not removed from dnsmasq lease files due to a missing dhcp_release6 binary.
With this update, the dhcp_release6 binary is now provided in an updated dnsmasq-utils package version. (BZ#1545006)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 10 x86_64
- BZ - 1404709 - Neutron L3 Agent: AZLeastRoutersScheduler scheduler bug
- BZ - 1511394 - FlushError on IPAllocations when multiple subnets in the same network deleted
- BZ - 1532280 - ovs-vswitchd service hangs with Error too many open files
- BZ - 1545006 - openstack-neutron DHCP agent requires dnsmasq-utils 2.76
- BZ - 1561907 - test_sriov is failing on OSP10
- BZ - 1570908 - Cannot set --no-share on shared network that has floating_ip, gateway AND a tenant port
- BZ - 1575356 - [CI] Issue with addCleanup method causing scenario tests to fail
- BZ - 1576256 - neutron-openvswitch-agent cleans up stale flows months after they were created but it does not recreated correct flows and bridge configuration
- BZ - 1578414 - Sometimes dhcp_release packet isn't reaching dnsmasq process because it's being reloaded
- BZ - 1579400 - Neutron agents attach untagged ports to br-int, which will be trunk port if neutron-openvswitch-agent never handles them
- BZ - 1584845 - Packet loss during standby L3 agent restart
- BZ - 1589031 - The mac table size of neutron bridges (br-tun, br-int, br-*) is too small by default and eventually makes openvswitch explode
- BZ - 1607822 - CVE-2018-14635 openstack-neutron: A router interface out of subnet IP range results in a denial of service
Red Hat OpenStack 10