RHSA-2018:2598 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for OpenDaylight is now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenDaylight (ODL) is a modular open platform for customizing and automating networks of any size and scale. The OpenDaylight Project arose out of the SDN movement, with a clear focus on network programmability.
- guava: Unbounded memory allocation in AtomicDoubleArray and CompoundOrdering classes allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CVE-2018-10237)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Previously, when there are no DPNs associated with the controller, an Invalid dpnId, for example, zero, was selected as the NAPT Switch. Since the dpnId was zero, necessary flows for supporting external connectivity for VMs were missing in the pipeline. So VMs were unable to connect to internet.
Now, the Invalid dpnId is not chosen as an NAPT Switch and as soon as a new DPN is associated with the OpenDaylight controller, it will schedule the NAPT Switches for all the routers, that did not have the NAPT switch scheduled.
As a result, VMs are now able to reach internet. (BZ#1597304)
- Some flows were missing from the ARP table and the flow programming generated an error due to a missing group. As a result, L2 failed and affected most of the traffic.
The flow programming now waits for the group to be added. The group is always present and L2 traffic succeeds. (BZ#1598399)
- In OVS2.9, conntrack adds extra headers that the OpenFlow plugin cannot parse. As a result, traffic from the VM to a PNF on external network failed.
The extra headers are now explicit cleared. Traffic to PNF on external network does not fail. (BZ#1600608)
- Some flows were missing from the SNAT table and the flow programming generated an error due to a missing group. As a result, SNAT traffic from compute, where the flow is missing, failed and affected most of the traffic.
As a result, the flow programming now waits for the group to be added. The group is always present and SNAT works. (BZ#1602404)
- Previously, the transaction did not close in netvirt.vpnmanager.VpnOpStatusListener. This resulted in memory leaks at scale and/or in longevity. This issue has been resolved and now OpenDaylight requires less memory to run. (BZ#1607965)
- Previously, the transaction did not close in netvirt.fibmanager.VrfEntryListener. This resulted in memory leaks at scale and/or in longevity. This issue has been resolved and OpenDaylight now requires less memory to run. (BZ#1585227)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes
described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat OpenStack 13 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenStack for IBM Power 13 ppc64le
- BZ - 1573391 - CVE-2018-10237 guava: Unbounded memory allocation in AtomicDoubleArray and CompoundOrdering classes allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service
- BZ - 1585227 - [Infra] New transaction leak in netvirt.fibmanager.VrfEntryListener
- BZ - 1597236 - [Netvirt] Tempest tests fail indicating FIP connectivity problems, vpnid=-1
- BZ - 1597304 - [HA] Invalid dpnId configured as NAPT Switch in router-to-napt-switch model
- BZ - 1598399 - [Netvirt] VM associated to vxlan network is not reachable because of ARP flow missing
- BZ - 1600608 - [Netvirt] Traffic to the PNF from a VM without FIP fails
- BZ - 1602187 - [Infra] New transaction leak in org.opendaylight.netvirt.natservice.internal.NatRouterInterfaceListener
- BZ - 1602188 - [Infra] New Transaction leak in org.opendaylight.netvirt.vpnmanager.VpnInterfaceManager
- BZ - 1602404 - [Netvirt] Sporadic failures Random ping failure in snat conntrack mode
- BZ - 1607965 - [Infra] Transaction leak in org.opendaylight.netvirt.vpnmanager.VpnOpStatusListener
- BZ - 1609383 - [Infra] UnknownSessionException when using odltools cluster monitoring tool
- BZ - 1612057 - [Deployment] Latest 8.3.0-2 opendaylight RPM fails with because controller for switches is not set
Red Hat OpenStack 13
Red Hat OpenStack for IBM Power 13