RHSA-2018:2470 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1.0 Service Pack 4 security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache HTTP Server, the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, Apache Tomcat Connector (mod_jk), JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), Hibernate, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1 Service Pack 4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 3.1, and includes bug fixes, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- tomcat: Insecure defaults in CORS filter enable 'supportsCredentials' for all origins (CVE-2018-8014)
- tomcat-native: Mishandled OCSP invalid response (CVE-2018-8019)
- tomcat-native: Mishandled OCSP responses can allow clients to authenticate with revoked certificates (CVE-2018-8020)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
The following packages have been upgraded to a newer upstream version:
- OpenSSL (1.0.2n)
- APR (1.6.3)
CVE-2018-8019 and CVE-2018-8020 were discovered by Coty Sutherland (Red Hat).
Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Web Server installation (including all applications and configuration files).
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1579611 - CVE-2018-8014 tomcat: Insecure defaults in CORS filter enable 'supportsCredentials' for all origins
- BZ - 1581569 - CVE-2018-8020 tomcat-native: Mishandled OCSP responses can allow clients to authenticate with revoked certificates
- BZ - 1583998 - CVE-2018-8019 tomcat-native: Mishandled OCSP invalid response
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.