RHSA-2018:2371 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which
gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from
the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes provides an application platform
that reduces the complexity of developing and operating applications
(monoliths and microservices) for OpenShift as a containerized platform.
The RHOAR Eclipse Vert.x 3.5.3 release serves as a replacement for RHOAR Eclipse Vert.x 3.5.1, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. For a detailed list of issues resolved in the community Eclipse Vert.x 3.5.3 release, see the release notes in the References section.
- vertx: Improper neutralization of CRLF sequences allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTTP response headers (CVE-2018-12537)
- vertx-web: Incomplete CSRF validation by CSRFHandler (CVE-2018-12540)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1591072 - CVE-2018-12537 vertx: Improper neutralization of CRLF sequences allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTTP response headers
- BZ - 1600666 - CVE-2018-12540 vertx-web: Incomplete CSRF validation by CSRFHandler
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories