RHSA-2018:2187 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Pack Apache Server 2.4.29 packages are now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact
of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
This release adds the new Apache HTTP Server 2.4.29 packages that are part
of the JBoss Core Services offering.
This release serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Core Services
Apache HTTP Server 2.4.23, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. Refer
to the Release Notes for information on the most significant bug fixes,
enhancements and component upgrades included in this release.
This release upgrades OpenSSL to version 1.0.2.n
- openssl: Out-of-bounds write caused by unchecked errors in BN_bn2dec() (CVE-2016-2182)
- openssl: Insufficient TLS session ticket HMAC length checks (CVE-2016-6302)
- openssl: certificate message OOB reads (CVE-2016-6306)
- openssl: Carry propagating bug in Montgomery multiplication (CVE-2016-7055)
- openssl: Truncated packet could crash via OOB read (CVE-2017-3731)
- openssl: BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3732)
- openssl: bn_sqrx8x_internal carry bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3736)
- openssl: Read/write after SSL object in error state (CVE-2017-3737)
- openssl: rsaz_1024_mul_avx2 overflow bug on x86_64 (CVE-2017-3738)
Red Hat would like to thank the OpenSSL project for reporting CVE-2016-6306
and CVE-2016-7055. Upstream acknowledges Shi Lei (Gear Team of Qihoo 360
Inc.) as the original reporter of CVE-2016-6306.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update). Before applying the update, back up your existing Red Hat JBoss Web Server installation (including all applications and configuration files).
After installing the updated packages, the httpd daemon will be restarted
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1367340 - CVE-2016-2182 openssl: Out-of-bounds write caused by unchecked errors in BN_bn2dec()
- BZ - 1369855 - CVE-2016-6302 openssl: Insufficient TLS session ticket HMAC length checks
- BZ - 1377594 - CVE-2016-6306 openssl: certificate message OOB reads
- BZ - 1393929 - CVE-2016-7055 openssl: Carry propagating bug in Montgomery multiplication
- BZ - 1416852 - CVE-2017-3731 openssl: Truncated packet could crash via OOB read
- BZ - 1416856 - CVE-2017-3732 openssl: BN_mod_exp may produce incorrect results on x86_64
- BZ - 1509169 - CVE-2017-3736 openssl: bn_sqrx8x_internal carry bug on x86_64
- BZ - 1523504 - CVE-2017-3737 openssl: Read/write after SSL object in error state
- BZ - 1523510 - CVE-2017-3738 openssl: rsaz_1024_mul_avx2 overflow bug on x86_64
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories