RHSA-2018:2143 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Decision Manager 7.0.1 bug fix and security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source decision management platform that combines business rules management, complex event processing, Decision Model & Notation (DMN) execution, and Business Optimizer for solving planning problems. It automates business decisions and makes that logic available to the entire business.
This release of Red Hat Decision Manager 7.0.1 serves as an update to Red Hat Decision Manager 7.0.0, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- RESTEasy: Abuse of GZIPInterceptor in RESTEasy can lead to denial of service attack (CVE-2016-6346)
- slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-8088)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Chris McCown for reporting CVE-2018-8088 and Mikhail Egorov (Odin) for reporting CVE-2016-6346.
For on-premise installations, before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1372120 - CVE-2016-6346 RESTEasy: Abuse of GZIPInterceptor in RESTEasy can lead to denial of service attack
- BZ - 1548909 - CVE-2018-8088 slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.