RHSA-2018:2079 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Virtualization security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Updated redhat-virtualization-host packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The ovirt-node-ng packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: imgbased (1.0.20), redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.2), redhat-virtualization-host (4.2). (BZ#1590664)
- ansible: Failed tasks do not honour no_log option allowing for secrets to be disclosed in logs (CVE-2018-10855)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Tobias Henkel (BMW Car IT GmbH) for reporting this issue.
- Previously, if systems were configured to skip Logical Volume Manager (LVM) clusters, imgbased sees output that is unrelated to the Logical Volumes that are being queried.
As a result, imgbased failed to parse the output, causing Red Hat Virtualization Host updates to fail.
In this release imgbased now ignores output from skipped clusters enabling imgbased LVM commands to return successfully. (BZ#1568414)
- Starting from version 4.0, Red Hat Virtualization Hosts could not be deployed from Satellite, and therefore could not take advantage of Satellite's tooling features.
In this release, Red Hat Virtualization Hosts can now be deployed from Satellite 6.3.2 and later. (BZ#1484532)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1484532 - [RFE] Deployment via Satellite
- BZ - 1534197 - After updating to current RHV-H, vdsmd consistently fails to start on startup.
- BZ - 1568414 - missing lvm filter causing "nodectl check" to fail to verify thinprovisioned local lv metadata
- BZ - 1588855 - CVE-2018-10855 ansible: Failed tasks do not honour no_log option allowing for secrets to be disclosed in logs
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7