RHSA-2018:2071 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Virtualization Manager security, bug fix, and enhancement update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update for org.ovirt.engine-root is now available for Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The Red Hat Virtualization Manager is a centralized management platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and interacted with, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
The following packages have been upgraded to a later version:
- org.ovirt.engine-root (18.104.22.168). (BZ#1576752)
- ovirt-engine: Unfiltered password when choosing manual db provisioning (CVE-2018-1075)
- ovirt-engine-setup: unfiltered db password in engine-backup log (CVE-2018-1072)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
These issues were discovered by Yedidyah Bar David (Red Hat).
- This update enables engine-setup to upgrade PostgreSQL 9.2 to 9.5, even when the locale of the 9.2 database is different from the system locale. (BZ#1579268)
- This update fixes an inefficient query that is generated when users click on the 'Users' tab in the Administration Portal. The fix ensures that the tab loads quicker. (BZ#1583619)
- The storage domain's General sub-tab in the Administration Portal now shows the number of images on the storage domain under the rubric "Images", this corresponds to the number of LVs on a block domain. (BZ#1587885)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2 x86_64
- BZ - 1098612 - [donstream clone 4.2.4] [RFE] filter for "Allocation Policy" in Disks search
- BZ - 1251468 - [RFE] Additional warning when removing required networks
- BZ - 1542508 - CVE-2018-1075 ovirt-engine: Unfiltered password when choosing manual db provisioning
- BZ - 1575081 - VMs will fail to start in a cluster which is having display network having name greater than 15 characters
- BZ - 1576352 - rhvm-4.2 reports "no updates found" although there is available updates
- BZ - 1576752 - Number of "Prestarted VMs" is ignored and all VMs of Pool starts after editing existing Pool.
- BZ - 1579268 - Upgrade of PostgreSQL during RHV 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade fails with locale mismatch
- BZ - 1582822 - [UI] - Interface name is gone in the Network Interfaces sub tab
- BZ - 1583579 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] Very slow UI if Host has many (~64) elements (VFs or dummies or networks)
- BZ - 1583619 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] [SCALE] Listing users in Users tab overloads the postgresql DB (CPU)
- BZ - 1584885 - VM remains migrating forever with no Host (actually doesn't exist) after StopVmCommand fails to DestroyVDS
- BZ - 1585013 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] ovirt-engine loses track of a cancelled disk
- BZ - 1585039 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] Live Storage Migration continued on after snapshot creation hung and timed out
- BZ - 1585157 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] [UI] - VM's network interface name and icon too large and wrap
- BZ - 1585454 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] Uploaded image: Virtual Size of qcow2 image is not reflected at guest OS level
- BZ - 1585455 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] Move disk failed but delete was called on source sd, losing all the data
- BZ - 1585456 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] ovirt-engine fails to start when having a large number of stateless snapshots
- BZ - 1585950 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] Live Merge failed on engine with "still in volume chain", but merge on host was successful
- BZ - 1587884 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] [RFE] Include storage domain UUID in Storage Domain 'General' tab
- BZ - 1587885 - [downstream clone - 4.2.4] [RFE] Need a way to track how many logical volumes consumed in a storage domain and alert when it gets full
Red Hat Virtualization Manager 4.2