RHSA-2018:1809 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes Spring Boot security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes provides an application platform that reduces the complexity of developing and operating applications (monoliths and microservices) for OpenShift as a containerized platform.
This release of RHOAR Spring Boot 1.5.13 serves as a replacement for RHOAR Spring Boot 1.5.12, and includes bug fixes and enhancements. For further information, refer to the Release Notes linked to in the References section.
- spring-messaging: ReDoS Attack with spring-messaging (CVE-2018-1257)
- spring-data: XXE with Spring Data’s XMLBeam integration (CVE-2018-1259)
- spring-security-oauth2: Remote Code Execution with spring-security-oauth2 (CVE-2018-1260)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1578578 - CVE-2018-1257 spring-framework: ReDoS Attack with spring-messaging
- BZ - 1578902 - CVE-2018-1259 spring-data-commons: XXE with Spring Data’s XMLBeam integration
- BZ - 1584376 - CVE-2018-1260 spring-security-oauth: remote code execution in the authorization process
Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories