RHSA-2018:1322 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Fuse and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Fuse, based on Apache ServiceMix, provides a small-footprint, flexible, open source enterprise service bus and integration platform.
Red Hat JBoss A-MQ, based on Apache ActiveMQ, is a standards compliant messaging system that is tailored for use in mission critical applications.
This patch is an update to Red Hat JBoss Fuse 6.3 and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ 6.3. It includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the readme.txt file included with the patch files.
- undertow: HTTP Request smuggling vulnerability (incomplete fix of CVE-2017-2666) (CVE-2017-7559)
- undertow: improper whitespace parsing leading to potential HTTP request smuggling (CVE-2017-12165)
- karaf: LDAP injection in LDAPLoginModule (CVE-2016-8750)
- plexus-utils: Mishandled strings in Commandline class allow for command injection (CVE-2017-1000487)
- poi: Parsing of multiple file types can cause a denial of service via infinite loop or out of memory exception (CVE-2017-12626)
The CVE-2017-7559 and CVE-2017-12165 issues were discovered by Stuart Douglas (Red Hat).
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
Installation instructions are located in the download section of the customer portal.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1481665 - CVE-2017-7559 undertow: HTTP Request smuggling vulnerability (incomplete fix of CVE-2017-2666)
- BZ - 1490301 - CVE-2017-12165 undertow: improper whitespace parsing leading to potential HTTP request smuggling
- BZ - 1524432 - CVE-2016-8750 karaf: LDAP injection in LDAPLoginModule
- BZ - 1532497 - CVE-2017-1000487 plexus-utils: Mishandled strings in Commandline class allow for command injection
- BZ - 1539989 - CVE-2017-12626 poi: Parsing of multiple file types can cause a denial of service via infinite loop or out of memory exception
Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1